The Wyatt's

The Wyatt's

Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Brother-in-Law Chris

Okay, so i briefly spoke about my mother-in-law Pat, i indicated that i would probably spend more time on the subject later. i started having second thoughts about this until Melissa received a text from Chris. The text read

"Tell Tim next time he knocks on my mother he better be using those weights. Because me and a ball bat will be knocking on him."

Don't you just like it when someone thinks that they have a right to threaten bodily violence in this day and age, where the cops are just minutes away.

Melissa responded "Tim has the freedom of speech! also as for his knock on mom she was not invited to the baptism and yet she showed up and did scowl the whole time. I will not stand for threats against my husband. if all you can do is threaten then i would appreciate you not to text me anymore."

Reasonable request i would think.

But Chris who still doesn't get it, responded

"That wasn't a threat but it was a promise. if he can't find another person to slander besides mom then he has a real problem. As far as the baptism goes. A sign on the door of the church says all welcome, and your bishop invited them.

Well let me remind Chris what the definition of slander is-words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another, or a abusive attack on someones "Good" Character. i emphasized falsely and good for a reason, you decide why. So let's only talk about things that we know are not false, therefore not slander, it can be proved on paper, on computer, on text and mouth of multiple witnesses"

1. Chris threatened then promised bodily violence. If you and your mothers good character and reputation is so important then why would you do this?

2. i have hard copies and emails both at home and at work, where Pat actually slandered my name by accusing me falsely and without any supporting evidence that i beat my wife. If she has proof of it i would like to see it. if not then she should apologize and recognize her error. either way it is still slander. i have never, i repeat, never have beat my wife"

3. And where was Pat's good character and name when she throughout Melissa's entire life threatened to kill herself and told Melissa that it would be her fault. i was there while she said this in front of Timothy and John, (Melissa's father) Would John lie about this to protect his wife's so called good name and character, i don't believe he would, i have always known him to be a good and honest man, even if i don't agree some of his decisions, which included not wanting to see his grandchildren because he didn't want to fight with Pat.

4. Was it a false statement to state what i did about the way she looked at the baptism? No. there where many witnesses to the fact of the way she looked.

I will leave it at #4, trust me i could go on.

Melissa has since responded to Chris

"As far as welcome in church, yes. As far as welcome to a private family function, not welcome. And if we want to talk about slander, talk to mom and how she rudely she talked to me at the baptism and how she tried to slander my husband's parents. Also the bishop informed me that my parents had contacted him about the baptism, i told him that we had not invited them and he told me that they wanted to know when it was. i told the bishop that he could tell them when it was but he never did invite them, they showed up on there own. again i will not stand for your threats or promises against my husband and if you can't abide by this then again i would ask that you stop texting me."

Chris then responded,

"Stop testing (Chris's spelling of texting not mine) me back! i wasn't asking for a response. i was just telling you what's going to happen to your husband if he talks bad about my mother again.


What i have listed above does not fall under the defintion of slander, as it can all be proved. So there is no need for Chris to show up with his baseball bat or any other weapon. I would hope that Chris would leave it at this. i don't want to see Chris end up in jail for assault, and believe it or not i do mean that. but the choice is up to him.

No further texts will be sent to Chris. All of these these texts will be saved.


No comments: